Monday, August 10, 2009

While the bread rises...

Yesterday, I was rightfully accused of never updating my blog. The truth is, I feel kind of blog-retarded. I wish I knew how to do more things with the layout and such---the appearance is definitely not living up to what I have in mind. Secondly, I feel safe in neglecting it a little bit because I know it's mostly for me (by that, I mean noone reads it---except Sabrina).

I'm pretty content these days. My main activities include cooking food, thinking about food, and shopping for food (right now there's two loaves of bread rising in the warm oven, and two batches of jam in the freezer). It's a good life. Confession: I silently laugh when I bike or drive by the backpack laden kids trudging up to campus. Other activities? I run, hike, read, play tennis, workout at the gym, go to the library, and do the much needed errands that got pushed to the side during school like working on getting my CNA, changing my last name to "Hoyt" (finally), decorating my house, and getting a passport (still working on the last one).

I've enjoyed a lot of time with family---my younger brother and sister stayed with Pete and I for a few days, we had a family reunion in Logan and went on a trip to Washington to be tour guides for some Swiss relatives. In two weeks Pete will head to Washington and then on a little trip to Alaska with his dad and brothers. Meanwhile, I will be in Nyssa visiting the fam.

The downside to my current stay-at-home-mom (without any children) lifestyle is that I'm not working. Which means less money. I guess that's pretty obvious. I've looked around and inquired after some jobs, but none of them would be ones I could continue to work during school because of clinicals (busy from 4 am to 5ish pm on Wednesdays of some weeks and the other weeks, Thursday and Friday). Sometimes I feel a little bit lonely as all my friends are of course working (or on missions) and I never see them or hang out with them. But other than that, I'm delightfully savoring every second of non-schoolness that I can.

Well, the bread is done and as my computer is broken (I'll hopefully find a new battery and power cord in my mailbox today) I can't post any pictures. Sad. More later. Maybe.

No comments:

about this site