Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Confessions.

*I left a pen in my scrubs top pocket and consequently, our white clothing came out of the dryer splotched with blue. Again.

*I recently realized that I left my lunch box at school last week. If it’s not lost, I really hope its contents--the remnants of my chili and sour cream baked potato--are.

*I bought The Hunger Games on Friday night and finished the third book today.



*The other night, I locked myself in the bathroom and tried to hear the baby’s heartbeat with my stethoscope. After I’ve been making fun of Pete all these weeks. Turns out I was right…it doesn’t work.

*I haven’t done the prep reading for tomorrow’s class yet.

*Today I felt an extreme moral need to consume veggies and actually had to pep talk myself through two raw carrots.

*I had to drive to every corner of Provo today looking for black gel food coloring. And then I may have gotten a hopefully-not-permanent stain on my countertop.

*Last week I ate potatoes for four days in a row. And I loved it. And I want more.

*I got a speeding ticket about a month ago and completely forgot about how I was supposed to go to Traffic School last Saturday (for which I paid $40 extra on top of the ticket).

*This morning after brushing my hair, I realized that my hair felt kind of gritty. Then I noticed the toothpaste on my hairbrush. (HOW did that happen?!)

Really, I sometimes wonder how I make it through the day.

On the bright side…Pete seemed to merely laugh at the blue splotched under clothing (is that not incredible?). I might be able to retrieve the lunchbox in the lost and found; now that I finished the third book in the Hunger Games series, normal life can resume; I get to buy a new hairbrush; my black and white spider-web frosted cookies look AWESOME; my sleep schedule will be adequately thrown off to ease me into my night shift on Friday, and as follow-up to the carrots…I actually ate a (potato-free) green salad for dinner tonight and loved it. What do ya know? After a brief first trimester retreat, the veggies may be making a comeback.

As evidenced by this picture (not).





And just for fun...here's me freezing in my apartment (because my husband prefers an arctic climate) doing hundreds of practice ATI questions.



I promise...my next post will be a more positive one :)


(Good thing I have an extra scrub top!)

4 comments:

Cortney Scott said...

Steph, I want to make halloween treats with you! Carmel apple? i have been wanting those like real bad!!

Danalee said...

Thanks for the laugh! Put me on the waiting list for the books. Love the treats!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

I totally enjoyed reading this! And I want to know how you made those awesome looking spider web cookies!

Idaho Reids said...

how did you make those cookies!!! :) i need to find something cute to make for halloween :)

about this site