Friday, January 18, 2013

Correction...

Remember that post where I mentioned that Emery was a pretty easy toddler and stuff? Oh, that was only last post? Well, she has since turned crazy.

My trusty tools of "distraction," and "redirection" are no match for the new intensity of her recent tantrums. When that little girl WANTS something, she WANTS something. The first week home from vacation was rough. I guess I would be upset too at the abrupt goodbye to endless goldfish, chocolate, and attention from aunts/uncles/grandparents---but ohmygoodness---lets just say I was breaking out the parenting books to read at night and praying for a healthy double (or triple or quadruple) dose of patience. Thankfully, we're doing lots better these days---the prayers and books helped and we're back to enjoying life after vacation. The days are just a little bit harder than they used to be :)

 

No comments:

about this site