Friday, March 8, 2013

Tim and Anni's Wedding/Utah Trip

Pete worked hard last month to make up some clinical hours so we could go to Utah for a quick weekend trip to see these two get married in the Brigham City Temple!

Tim (Pete's little brother) and AnnaLina Hoyt. 

We stayed in a house in North Ogden with all of Pete's family, and it was so great to see everyone! Tim and Anni's sealing was beautiful. Pete's dad was able to perform the sealing and it was so special. During the sealing, I felt so happy for Tim and Anni and so grateful for the sealing power that binds families for eternity. As I was surrounded by lots of Hoyt family members in the sealing room, I felt so grateful to have married into such a kind and loving family!

Meanwhile, Emery was experiencing high emotions of her own---downstairs in the waiting room where I had left her with Aunt Hailey and her cousins. I could hear her screaming from the second floor of the temple and when I returned to her, it made me so sad to see how sad she was! Blame it on pregnancy hormones, my emotions already being close to the surface, or the fact that I'm just an emotional person...but I proceeded to have my own little meltdown as I held Emery on my lap in the waiting room. I love that this little girl loves me and wants to be with me all the time, but sometimes it's hard! People keep telling me that this will pass, but some days it feels like her separation anxiety is going to last into the teenage years (someday I'll look back and laugh at that sentence, right?). Anyway, I was extremely embarrassed to be crying uncontrollably in the midst of tons of people on this happy occasion. I eventually got my emotions under control, but let's just say my face wasn't pretty. To make matters worse, I stood up to go change Emery's diaper and found myself soaked through to the skin with urine. Guess I was a little late.

      

Anyway, the rest of the day went well. We went to the wedding luncheon at Texas Roadhouse, and got to go back to the house and nap before the reception started. Also, thanks to Hilary and Ashley, I managed to exchange all my pottied-on attire for fresh clothing. The reception was beautiful; my favorite part was a guitar song that Tim wrote and played/sang for Anni in front of everyone---he is one in-love guy! And, I must note, THE FOOD. Oh man, those chocolate covered strawberries were deeee-vine...not to mention the chicken cordon bleu bites and adorable, assorted flavors of mini cheesecakes.

My family, including my Jensen grandparents came down to Utah for the weekend to see us (or, let's be honest, to see Emery), so it was an action-packed couple of days hanging with lots of family. I just wish we could have had more time to spend with them and the few friends I got to see briefly at the reception!

Here's Ems being cute on the plane ride there:




And at the Children's Museum in Ogden, which we went to with my mom, Mallory, Nate, and Hannah Z:

 

I didn't even bring my camera on this trip, and it's kind of sad that ALL the photos on this post are cell phone pictures that I stole from my mom and Pete (but at least it's something)! The Children's Museum was so cute and fun!


We had dinner at a restaurant called Maddox in Perry, UT with my dad's Aunt Lisa's family. It was so good to see them, especially my cousin Lucinda. It's been a long time since we've gotten together.

It was a whirlwind trip, but so so worth it. I even enjoyed the travel time, because it was so nice for the three of us to just be together. I'm excited for the rest of March---Emery's 2nd Birthday, Easter, and also the fact that this cute family is coming to Atlanta to visit us:

Eric (Pete's brother), Lauren and lil Dub (Wesley) 



2 comments:

Lauren said...

Hooray! We are excited to see you guys again, too! Also, I agree - it can be so hard to hear your own child cry. But, I think that means you are a really good mom who loves her little girl. Ems is lucky to have you!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I was too busy with the other kids to help with Ems! She's so cute and probably just confused with all the new people/ little kids. It was really fun to see you guys for a little bit! Love ya!

about this site