Monday, August 16, 2010

Good Things Happen in Threes

At 9:24pm on Sunday the 15th of August, we were still trying to decide how to celebrate our two year Anniversary. Hmmm. I like that both Pete and I are not too extravagantly minded when it comes to these things. About a month ago he asked me what I would like to do for our Anniversary.
I replied “I dunno, something simple.”
Pete explored, “Like…go camping?”
“Um, maybe” I said
“Like…get to sleep early?” He asked.
I said, “Yesssssss!”
Apparently I was a little sleep deprived back then.


This weekend, my family came to Provo for my graduation! It was so fun having them around (side note: I’m actually NOT graduated…technically I still have one semester left and will be done in December). As it ended up, the weekend kind of turned into a big family reunion. Almost all of my mom's siblings and their families were in Provo, along with my Grandma and Grandpa. With all the family in one house, chaos (a good kind) ran rampant. Many small feet running through the house, nerf darts whizzing through the air, the deck full of swimsuits hanging out to dry, playdough covering the counters, growing piles of BYU paraphernalia by the day, and never a dull moment. Just a few things I did with the fam include picking apricots and making jam, playing legos and watching Star Wars with Nate, doing a little craft with Mallory, and spending a day hiking and shopping with my mom. Now I wish I lived closer to my family! Luckily, we are going up to Nyssa next weekend.














With all the family in town, Pete and I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to let everyone in on a little secret. Here’s Nate, my 4-year-old little brother:




(You can tell that he's trying REALLY hard to do a big smile)

Now that I’ve told my family and closer friends (well, almost...a letter is high-tailin' it to Poland as I type), I guess it’s finally blog-post worthy: New baby Hoyt is due March 17th---a lucky day (St. Patrick’s Day)! We would have liked to wait longer before making it public, but we just couldn’t resist with all the family in town.

Pete and I are super excited and feel so blessed to be married for 2 beautiful years, almost both be graduated, and to have a baby on the way! We feel even more blessed to have such wonderful, supportive families that help us in so many ways!

1 comment:

Lindsay Hansen said...

Really?! Congratulations Stephanie! I'm so happy for you two. You're baby will be gorgeous. Can't wait to hear more about everything in a couple weeks!

about this site