Then and Now :)
Pete and I love watching Hilary and Todd together. They complement each other perfectly and are so kind to one another. They have been great examples for Pete and I! We especially admire their communication not only with one another but also with their children. One of our favorites is
Todd: “Asher, are you making good choices?”
Whether it’s their children’s ballet, piano, singing, soccer, or scripture recitation, the expression on Hilary’s face during these moments is what Pete describes as “the definition of pure joy.” Seeing Hilary’s pride in her children’s accomplishments makes us so excited to have children of our own and experience that too. I’m amazed at how much Hilary does—being a mom, a wife, fulfilling her church calling, and doing editing work seem each like such huge jobs (I’m still just working on trying to get the “wife” role down). She is so capable, smart, and a good example of an educated mother.
Going to the Hendricks house for Sunday dinners is always a refreshing experience. First because their house is always cleaner than Pete and I can even fathom in the nasty-BYU-apartment stage of life we are in right now, and second, because it’s so fun to be with a “real” family (more than just the two-and-a-half of us).
Thanks Hilary and Todd for being the wonderful people you are! We love you and hope you each have great birthdays. Here's something that might help with that endeavor... :)






No comments:
Post a Comment