Saturday, December 25, 2010

Virginia

Last weekend, Pete and I traveled to Winchester, Virginia for Pete's PT school interview at Shenandoah University. Here's what we did:

* Spent unnecessary time traveling in the dark on a tiny one lane country road framed by gigantic trees and packed with snow. With deer bounding across the road every once in a while, we began to doubt the credibility of our "trusty" GPS that had led us hence. Thankfully, we eventually made it to our hotel.

* Pete interviewed at Shenandoah University in Winchester. Because he got an interview, he's automatically on the waiting list. In a month or so, we'll find out if he's accepted. He really likes the school and thought the interview went alright.

* Meanwhile, I enjoyed a blissful morning by taking a 2 hour nap, exercising in the hotel's fitness center, swimming in the hotel pool, and soaking in the hot tub. Lately I have immense gratitude for exceptional mornings like this one because when baby comes, I assume times like this will be few and far between.

* Drove over the Shenandoah River while singing "almost heaven, West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River...country roads, take me home to the place where I belong..." (Anyone else know that song?)
Terrible picture...but the best I could get from the car window
* Explored the city of Winchester. Loved the small town feel, super nice people, open spaces, fields, and rolling hills. I can only imagine what the place looks like in the summer.







* Wondered why the sky was so big in Virginia. Then realized there weren't any gigantic mountains blocking the view.


* Held hands in the car and simply enjoyed being together for four days straight! Heavenly!

* Spent a day in Washington DC where Pete almost froze to death and I became a candidate for foot transplants (due to uncomfortable boots). However, it was really neat to spend a little time in the city and see a few sites. We would love to go back sometime when the temperature is tolerable and I'm wearing tennis shoes.
Washington Monument

Pete was very impressed with the size of the pillars at the Lincoln Memorial.

View of the Washington Monument from the Lincoln Memorial.
(and me. Featuring uncomfortable boots and an almost unzippable tummy.)
The White House from a distance
Lincoln Memorial


The End.




1 comment:

Katie and joe said...

you may have been wearing uncomfortable boots, but you look great! :) cute little tummy!

about this site