Life is good.
I'm trying hard to spend time with all my friends and family in Utah before we leave for Georgia (even though I should probably be doing responsible things like packing, cleaning, paying bills, etc.).
I've realized I've become one of those obsessed-with-their-baby moms whose blog posts contain nothing but pictures of their little one. Oh well---my excuse is that it's for the grandparents (but truly, I am obsessed with this little girl. She's adorable. I'm loving her little smiles these days).
I'm amazed at how busy I am with just the simple tasks of the day.
I have what I call The Big Five:
Read Scriptures
Make Dinner
Exercise
Maintain house cleanliness
Get out of the house once
It's a REALLY good day if I get all of these done in the midst of feeding, playing, and sleeping Emery every 3ish hours. One reason I'm grateful for Emery is that having her is really teaching me to focus on the basics---the things that really matter. I don't have time to do many of the leisure activities that I used to (though somehow I seem to make time for blogging. I think 'cause it's therapeutic). I have to pick and choose the things I'm going to get done everyday. Along with The Big 5, I'm learning that it's most rewarding to invest my time in people---my husband, talking to my mom or dad on the phone, spending time with family, having dinner with friends, making things for people, etc.
Ultimately, I'm discovering that...
A simple life is a better life.
Have a great week!
6 comments:
I love love love the last picture! sooo cute!!!
That is great that you get those 5 done. I still barely get 2 of those done haha. Love the pics!
I love this post because I feel the same way! Those five things are kind of a constant goal of mine, one that rarely gets accomplished, but it's good to work towards something right? Emery is absolutely darling! What a cute smile!
Amen! Simple is best! Emery is so adorable...Look at those smiles! Oh and I love the headband! ;) It looks so cute on her!!
Steph,
I just found your blog through Samantha's. It's fun to see what you're doing these days and see pictures of Emery.
Laura Durfee Anderson
Wow! Little Emery is growing up and looking different each time I see her (now each time you blog)! She looks so different in these last pictures than when I met her! And of course, she is just darling! Hope you are doing well in GA!
Post a Comment