Friday, February 17, 2012

11 months

Dear Emery,

This last month flew by, though we didn't do too much out of the ordinary. We've got a pretty good daily routine these days with three meals, snacks, exercising, two naps, cleaning/laundry, running errands, and at least a once weekly, get-out-of-the-house adventure. Adventures include the aquarium, the park, the library, or my new favorite: Ikea. You love seeing all the colors, people, and playing with the toys there. Ikea is close to us and great for simply getting out of the house.

I find you in the funniest places :)
You are still obsessed with dogs, and love books. Some new things you like to do are comb or brush your hair, play peek-a-boo, and "sing," which is probably my favorite. When I sing to you, you get this cute little look on your face, raise your eyebrows, and start softly singing "ga-ga-ga." It's so cute! You are quite the helper these days---anytime there's laundry to be folded, dishes to be loaded, or food to be made, you want in on the action. I can't open the fridge or pantry door without you scurrying over to see what's inside. When I'm in the kitchen, you pull yourself up on the back of my legs until I pick you up and show you what's cookin'. 






"helping" with the laundry (aka throwing it out of the basket as fast as you can)
Speaking of food, you are doing great with solids these days. You still nurse a lot, but you love bananas, oatmeal, beans, lentils, spinach smoothie, squash, and pretty much anything that we're eating. Also, you've finally been sleeping 11-13 hours through the night which makes for a much more rested momma. Since your dad's school has been less intense lately, you've been getting in some extra daddy time which is so fun! You love to crawl around the house with dad "chasing you." He makes you laugh and laugh and gives you all kinds of interesting nicknames (currently: oooo-deee, t'mon/t'mon-ee). My favorite time with you is bedtime---and not just because it's right before I get some "me" time; I love how quiet and still you are as I rock you and how you let me sing you songs, kiss your cheeks, and tickle you under your cute little chin. Well, I can't believe you will be a year old soon. I can't wait to see how you'll change in just month's time. Keep being your crazy, silly, cute, and curious little self!


Love,

Mom

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

She is so cute! I hope you guys are doing well!

Clancy and Katie Black said...

Isn't it such a fun age our girls are at right now? Seriously such a cute little girl!

Jasmine said...

oh my goodness! I cant believe how old she is looking now. All the sudden she looks like a toddler instead of a baby. What a cute girl!

Marie said...

You forgot to mention crawling under rows of benches at Church :) Very cute!

about this site