Pete finished up his summer semester with a 2 week clinical rotation in McDonough, GA, which is just south of Atlanta. He loved Mcdonough and the clinic there. It was good for him to get a taste of the South outside of the big city and reaffirmed how much he loves orthopedic outpatient physical therapy. Lately, I've been looking back to the early days of our marriage and how earnestly we talked about, prayed about, and otherwise sought guidance about what career Pete should choose. I'm so glad that we chose physical therapy and even though him being in grad school hasn't been a breeze for either of us, we both feel like he chose a profession that fits him well and are excited about the future.
While Pete finished up the semester, Emery and I flew West to visit my family in Oregon for a few days before we were to meet Pete in Utah for a Hoyt Family Reunion. It was great to see the fam! While there, we made a quick trip to Medical Springs to visit my grandparents. I hadn't been up in that neck of the woods for a long time and besides the nostalgia it brought me, I loved bringing Emery there for her first time. She loved playing outside and swimming in the pool. Great grandpa B had almost won her over with his raspberries before we headed back to Nyssa. Hopefully he has some ready for the next time he sees her!
Back in Nyssa, we enjoyed playing with my siblings outside in the yard, frisbee at the park, swings and bubbles, and of course, M&W donuts. :) Aunt Mallory was so sweet to play with Emery outside whenever she wanted to (which was basically all day long), and Uncle Wyatt took Em's on many trips to visit the dog in the backyard that she can't seem to get enough of. Most mornings, Emery asked for Uncle Nate and loved playing with him.
Emery begged Grandma for more and more "tae-toes" from the garden
Mine and Pete's wedding anniversary happened to fall during my stay at Nyssa, but he surprised me by flying West early and showing up in Nyssa for my last day there! Best present ever :) as I was missing him a lot. I guess I should clarify that while I talked to him on the phone the morning of our anniversary, he spilled the beans about him coming that night. He's reeeeeeally bad at keeping secrets, but that's okay :)
4 years, 1 baby, and 1 big move across the country later, I still love this man with all my heart!
(an engagement photo taken by Hilary in Spanish Fork, UT, July 2008)
1 comment:
man i miss you guys. I am sooo glad everything is working out so well for you two. you both deserve it! your little em is so precious, and i wish her and star could be buddies. someday maybe!
Post a Comment