1. Pete not only achieved a 4.0 GPA this semester at BYU, he graduated!!
2. I’m growing herbs. Better yet, the herbs are destined not to be a complete failure as manifested by a tiny green speck I discovered emerging from the soil today. I was talking to Pete on the phone at the time. I stopped talking midsentence and our conversation went something like this:
Steph: (stunned) Oh my gosh!
pause.
Pete: What?
Steph: I can’t believe my eyes!
Pete: What?
Steph: (happy noise resembling a squeal).
Pete: Wife, what?
Steph: My herb sprouted!
Pete: (sigh) Oh. I thought our house was on fire or something.


3.Despite feeling a little sad these past two days as I was surrounded by excited nursing school peers heading off to their spring term adventures in various places around the globe (Ghana, Ecuador, Tonga, etc.), my Spring is going to be good. Although I’m staying here and getting my “cultural” experience in the area of complementary and alternative therapies/integrative healing (my teacher is still debating if that is actually a culture or not), I’m going to have a good experience. This was impressed upon me today as I sat alone in the Nursing Learning Center reading about chakras, auras, and energy fields in my textbook entitled “Complementary and Alternative Therapies for Nursing Practice.”
In all honesty, I teeter on the fence of skepticism—not fully embracing alternative therapies and not fully turning completely away from them. But I think learning and understanding these different modalities will be a good thing in my life as I try to help others. I must admit/confess that I was getting pretty into my reading today…before you know it I might be getting myself some essential oils. More on my experiences will come later—and probably quotes from Glenda, my teacher, because she’s hilarious. Today during class she literally jumped up and down yelling “I’m so excited” over and over again. She also danced around the classroom in an effort to demonstrate how energy should flow through a room.
4. Pete and I are going to Washington this week and staying with his family. This means not only do I get to hang out with family, stuff my face with all kinds (and I mean all kinds) of delicious food, we get to go to the Vancouver B.C. Temple Dedication! I’m really excited and think this will be a great experience. Most of Pete’s other brothers will also be there too, which leads to my next item…
5. My New Favorite Couple. Brian and Ashley are perhaps the greatest people ever. They met in Pathophysiology class and have been dating for about 4 months now I think. It’s so fun to hang out with Pete’s brothers now and actually have another female around—and not just any female, an awesome one! Ashley is so nice and funny and really genuine. The two of them are so cute together. It’s so fun to be around them and to feel how good of people they are and how much they like each other. 

No comments:
Post a Comment