Since Finals week is just around the corner, I've been thinking a lot about books. No, not textbooks--i'm talking books that I actually ENJOY reading (like novels and such). During finals week I always read a book. It's a little thing that keeps my soul alive and offers a glimpse of what life can and will be like after all the dreaded finals. There's only so much time that can be devoted to study during finals week. The rest is for reading good stuff (and, of course, cooking).
Some of my favorite book quotes...
(Disclaimer: I sometimes find significance in the words of Dumbledore and even Twilight's Bella.
So shoot me. Maybe this summer I will work on reading more high-quality literature. Until then, this is as good as it gets)
“…something in her own unique mind had roused the powers within her…a beauty neither of fine colour nor long eyelash, nor penciled brow, but of meaning, of movement, of radiance. Then her soul sat on her lips, and language flowed, from what source I cannot tell…”
-Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte
"...In every important way we are such secrets from each other, and I do believe that there is a separate language in each of us, also a separate aesthetics and a separate jurisprudence. Every single one of us is a little civilization built on the ruins of any number of preceding civilizations, but with our own variant notions of what is beautiful and acceptable.
-Gilead, by Marilynne Robinson
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
-Dumbledore
This was my happy era now. But I was surprised to realize how many things I missed from my own personal dark ages.”
-Bella.
"There is no justice in love, no proportion in it, and there need not be, because in any specific instance it is only a glimpse or parable of an embracing, incomprehensible reality. It makes no sense at all because it is the eternal breaking in on the temporal."
-Gilead, by Marilynne Robinson
No comments:
Post a Comment