Growing up in Washington, Pete has always loved UW, and his dad went to Medical School there. The Hoyt fam is only 2.5-ish hours away from Seattle (depending on traffic), and my family is about 8 hours away. Definitely closer than Georgia or Nebraska! When I came home one afternoon to Pete creating a UW picture collage, I knew he was pretty excited about the possibility of going there :)
To be honest, we were both kind of gearing up for being far away from family for grad school---most likely in Georgia. While we are now leaning toward UW, Pete is going to fly to both Georgia and Washington at the end of this month to check out the campuses, facilities, housing options, etc. To be honest...we both want to go to Seattle but are a little nervous that Pete might really like Emory or feel like we should go there. Ahh, such a hard decision! Or is it a no-brainer (UW is half the price of the other schools, close to family, cool city, good school...)? Plus if we go to Emory, I'm going to have to constantly be telling people that we didn't name our child after the school...we spell it differently...named her before we knew we were going there.
Speaking of our child...just when I thought I might be perpetually sleep-deprived and Emery might be an only child---she started sleeping longer at night! 6 or 7 hours between 2 feeds = a stretch of about 4 or 5 hours of sleep for me, which = HEAVEN. Last night I got 8 hours of sleep (in bits and pieces of course)! I don't even know what to do with myself...except pray that this continues :)
{Note: I wrote this yesterday and as it turns out, last night she decided to wake up approximately every 2 hours throughout the night. Guess I didn't pray hard enough}
{Note: I wrote this yesterday and as it turns out, last night she decided to wake up approximately every 2 hours throughout the night. Guess I didn't pray hard enough}
A rested momma makes a much happier family.
Emery is now 5 weeks old and weighs 8lbs, 3oz. She seems so big to me these days (compared to her birth weight) and I can't believe that lots of babies are born at 8 lbs or more!
just when I thought winter would never end, the trees are blooming, the days are longer, and the weather is semi-warm! Lately, we have been going on walks outside at night when Pete gets home from work, enjoying the signs of Spring. It's a nice way to spend time together while Emery is (usually) quiet in her stroller. I've been thinking about how much I am going to miss Provo (never thought that would happen) when we have to leave! If we go to Emory University, we will move at the end of May and if we go to UW, we will probably leave at the end of July. Hopefully in two weeks or so we will know where we're going!

2 comments:
My dad went to Emory for dental school, actually. It's a great university. And Georgia really isn't so bad - it's why my parents stayed ;). Also, your little family is adorable!
Do you know yet? And let's do something together this weekend or beginning of next week.
Glad to hear you have been able to sneak in a couple more hours of sleep lately!
Love Karli
Post a Comment