Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Online Shopping...

has got to be a healthier outlet than eating...right?

lately I love any excuse to buy something online. 
    Husband needs new church shirts? You got it. 
    We don't own a vaccuum? I'm on it. 
    Swimsuits? Check.
    Can't find that book at the library? Google ebooks.

Here's why I love it:
1) It's soooo fun to get stuff in the mail. Especially on the days that my walk to the mailbox is about the only "out of the house" time I get to.

2) It's much easier than actual shopping with Emery

3) It's easy to return stuff if needed (takes way less time to take it back to the store than it does to find it at the store, try it on, and then decide if I want to buy it or not).

4) Fun way to use the giftcards I seem to have accumulated recently

5) It's the greatest way to buy baby clothes...because babies don't have to try stuff on! 
Every time I'm feeling guilty about spending the money on Emery, plenty of  rationalizations pop into my mind: 

"What if you have ALL boys after this? Must live up all the girly cuteness while you can."
"And...if you do have another girl, you can save the clothes to use for her too!"
"She's growing up so fast! Pretty soon you won't be able to choose her clothes and accessories like you can now."

and, my favorite...

"Are you really going to regret buying this when you put it on Emery and see how super-duper adorable she looks in it?!"

Now, all that being said, know that I ONLY shop clearance and sales. 
I find awesome deals.
I usually get free shipping.
And I shop at places like Gap, Old Navy, JCPenney. 
So I'm not exactly breaking the bank. 
Yet.

1 comment:

Marie said...

This is why I have a large Amazon wish list. I look for things and buy my favorites later :) I agree, online shopping is a great way to compare prices and find the best deals on clearance (no big, messy piles). You always have such cute stuff for Emery.

about this site