| View from the pool on Friday evening. Pete loves sun rays and insisted on taking a picture. |
Pete got home from school on Friday after finishing his last midterm and the first thing we did was head for the pool! I've never been a big swimming/water person. Pete, on the other hand, absolutely loves swimming. This, combined with the heat and humidity here, is making me love the pool more and more. Nothing is more refreshing than jumping in some cool water after a long, hot day. We'll see if Emery takes after me or her dad more in this regard. Right now, she's pretty neutral; doesn't seem to love the water, but tolerates it fine.
| We're looking at the sun rays or something :) |
| Emery loved these little shooting fountains. She kept reaching out curiously trying to "grab" them. |
After swimming, we loaded into the car and headed out to dinner and to explore the area a little bit. We ended up at "Stevi B's" pizza buffet and it was delicious! The area we found ourselves in actually had somewhat of a view. By that, I mean you could see a big chunk of beautiful sky in the distance. While it's green and gorgeous down here in Georgia, sometimes I feel like I live in a jungle and it can be a bit claustrophobic. Walking or running down sidewalks, I sometimes get this feeling that the leafy tree branches and ivy-engorged trunks are going to reach out and eat me.
| pretty sky :) |
After pizza, we stopped at Michael's craft store so I could grab some supplies for a craft day I'm having on Monday with my friend, Marie Neff (thank you Utah for celebrating Pioneer Day! Marie works for a company in Utah, so she gets the whole day off).
We went to bed fairly early on Friday and not only did Emery only wake up twice during the night, she slept for an extra hour after her morning feed. We ended up sleeping 'til 8:30 am, and when you're used to starting each day at 5 or 6 am (after waking up at least three times in the night), 8:30 feels like noon.
It was Beee---utiful!
Saturday morning we made homemade waffles and ate them with vanilla yogurt and fresh strawberries. Delish. Then we packed up baby and gear and headed out for more exploring. First, we checked out a couple parks in the area, then parked on Emory campus and did yet another walk-stroller-rollerblading extraordinaire---this time at Lullwater Park. What a beautiful place! Owned by the school and open only to university students, faculty, and alumni, the park had tons of trails--both smooth paved and dirt. The little lake was beautiful and next time we shall bring some bread to feed the cute ducks that made a beeline for us once they saw us cruising by. We felt we had stepped outside of the city and into the woods. It was warm, the air smelled pungent and pine-ey, and the breeze felt great as we walk/strolled/rollerbladed along the winding path.
| strolling and rolling |
| oops...bad camera angle as far as getting Ems in the picture |
| can you see the ducks heading straight for us? |
| funny face :) |
After our park adventure, we packed our tired, sweaty selves back in the car and got yummy frozen yogurt at TCBY. We came home, jumped in the pool, and then did some cleaning/organizing/hanging pictures up at home. Getting our house put together does wonders for making me feel at home and comfortable here in Georgia. Pete did a little bit of homework and then for dinner we barbecued some hot dogs and ate them with veggies, cherries (from Washington! That I found at the farmers market here), and ice cold strawberry lemonade. Mmmm. We finished up the night staying up much too late watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (the first half of course...we're a little behind in the HP series). This was the first movie we have finished in one sitting since Emery was born---I count this as a milestone as the last movie I watched took me a week to finish.
Now it is Sunday and I'm tired (as always) but in heaven, enjoying the last day of this weekend that we got to spend lots of time together as a family. Emery did so well on all our little adventures the past couple days and it was so fun to take her places and show her the outdoors. I feel I've had enough warmth on my skin, wind in my hair, and enough joy to make it through another week.
5 comments:
That looks so fun! I am glad you guys are making time for family through all the crazy school stuff. We miss you! I wish we could take walks and stuff!
That park looks cool, Dan and I will have to try it out soon. I feel like there's so much to explore around here and very little time to do it with all the studying our guys have to do. I'm excited to see your apartment tomorrow. Yay for weekends!
Sounds like a perfect weekend! Georgia looks beautiful! LIttle Emery is so so cute in her little swimsuit! She is getting so big! Ruby is jealous of all of her hair! :)
how fun. im glad ya'll drove to this park... one day ryker and i ran there and ran the entire loop around the park and i thought we were not going to make it back home alive.... too many hills for me. i love that you roller blade= yet another thing we have in common. when i get back we will have to go out to piedmont park and take the kiddies roller blading with us.
i miss ya'll and am excited to come home and explore atlanta with you!!
I LOVE hearing about all your adventures in Georgia! I'm glad the humidity isn't too overwhelming. :) I wish I could have seen you when we were there! We just didn't have nearly enough time, but hopefully really soon!
Post a Comment