Monday, October 31, 2011

Sweet Sunday



I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I just LOVE Sundays. For Pete, Sundays are a great re-charger for an upcoming week of tests and studying. For me, Sundays are a special treat because I get to spend so much of the day with (a relatively stress-free) husband. Knowing that Sunday will come really helps me during the busy weeks, where it seems like time with Pete is minimal. Even Emery appreciates Sundays, where she usually gets out of taking one of her naps and gets lots of daddy time at church and at home. Basically, Sundays are all around good for the Hoyt household.

Yesterday was a particularly nice Sunday. Emery did well at church, and even slept for one of the hours. We really enjoyed the lessons and talks given (and I remembered to pack church snacks...which we all know makes church waaaaay better). After church, we had a visit from our awesome home teacher---always a good experience. Then, Emery and I had naps and we went on a little family walk at Stone Mountain Park. After coming home and putting Emery to sleep, we called our families back at home. I caught the Jensen kids and parents just as they were starting to carve pumpkins and got to talk to almost everyone for a little bit. Talking to my family always makes me homesick, but is a great way to end the day.

I'm surprised at how simple things can enrich life so much...


 ...like brownies from a neighbor,


or beautiful fall leaves.



Sweet family moments,


beautiful, hazy skies,



Or quiet, relaxing, sweet Sundays.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Seeing all the Christmas stuff in stores helps remind me that this semester is almost over. It has been a long one! I'm glad you still had a good Sunday together with scout camp and Emery teething. Super cute pictures!

about this site