My mom came to visit me, Pete, and Emery in Atlanta for a whole week! This is part 1 of a series of posts detailing are adventures---because there were many!
My mom flew in on Tuesday night, so the fun officially began on Wednesday morning. We went on a nice, long walk (which, I'll admit, I was sore from the next day). We walked along a windy, hilly road with tons of green trees and ivy, down behind the CDC and near Emory's campus. It was beautiful and oh so fun to just chat and breathe the fresh air.
When we got home, we planned some meals for the week, brainstormed potential activities, and then decided upon a craft project to work on: Emery's halloween costume! The finished product will have to be featured in a later post ('cause it's not finished yet). Between some inspiration from Pinterest and from Emery herself (see pictures below), we decided to create an owl costume.
(by the way...am I the only parent that likens my child unto animals? In her early weeks, Emery always reminded me of an owl. A cute one, of course.)
After our little planning session, we headed to Hobby Lobby to salivate over all the decor, cheap furniture, and crafty goodness. Oh, and also to get supplies for the costume :}. On our way home, we stopped at the Dekalb Famers Market which is an awesome, international market-type place set in a huge warehouse. I've been here nearly 4 months now and have still not explored the entire place. To be honest, I go back and forth between loving and hating this place. Hate mode consists of my reminiscing upon the interesting smell that permeates the air, the fish stink that one day was so strong it made me gag, and the produce that isn't necessarily always cheaper than the grocery store. However, right now I'm in the loving mode, because I just bought their spices/dried herbs that are incredible and SO cheap, found pineapples for $2 each and discovered the wide array of fresh pasta which I shall procure in the near future for some fun culinary creations.
Wednesday also happened to be my birthday, but we decided to postpone it until Thursday when Pete began his Fall Break and could do more celebrating with us. Which was a GOOD idea. But I'll save the birthday narrative and further adventures for the next post.

2 comments:
My mother-in-law was in love with the farmers' market. Dan's always a big fan of our visits there because of the European meats and cheeses. I agree about the smell though :)
i LOVE the dekalb farmers market! you definitely have to know your price points before going, but man you can ALWAYS find something there you've never eaten before. its an adventure every time, i swear!
Post a Comment