Sunday, January 15, 2012

My kind of pretty



Often when I tell people that I'm from Oregon, I get comments such as, "Ohhh, it's beautiful over there," and "I love how green and pretty Oregon is." And then I proceed to tell them that I'm actually from the other part of Oregon. The desert part.  But you know what? I still think it's pretty, and while it's not green and rhododendron-scented, I think sage brush smells great too.


Over Christmas break, my dad convinced us to go for a drive out in the desert. 
It was long. 
It was cold.
And the dirt road had pot-holes the size of  the suburban we were piled into.
(well, that may be exaggerating just a wee bit) 

But...

Nate thought he was the coolest person ever because he got to stand on top of this rock.


And Wyatt got to shoot guns with his dad and Pete


And we trekked up a frozen river to find...


A frozen waterfall.




 Which was actually pretty cool.



So it turned out alright after all. It was great fun to be in the car complaining and getting lost together. Ahem, I mean, spending time together

Okay, all joking aside, thanks Dad! Even Emery had a good time---she doesn't give out her full, four-toothed smiles for just anything.

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

So glad you had a good time! Cool waterfall too. I didn't even know that it could freeze. Love the grin with the teeth! So cute! Miss you guys!

Shane and Zandy said...

Wow! That frozen waterfall is amazing! Emery is getting so big! I can't believe she already has 4 teeth! What a cutie!

Marie said...

The frozen waterfall looks really cool! I like the top picture too, much prettier than it was in Utah with the smog.

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

I love the frozen waterfall. That looks like a fun little adventure. Em's I love how you are growing up and becoming so fun!!! You and Ryker are going to have a super fun summer I can just tell!

about this site