I don’t remember how I happened upon this song, but I've loved it ever since. It reminds me of my sweet Peter and my little Emery. At the same time. Kind of weird, but whatever.
Anyway...speaking of Peter...today is his 27th birthday! His birthday parties have a history in our marriage of being pretty lame. I’ve usually exhausted all my gift ideas and given him all his favorite treats for Christmas, so once January 8th rolls around, there just isn’t a lot of life left in our celebration. I keep telling him we should celebrate his half birthday, in July; that way I’d have 6 months to think of fun ideas.
Anyhow, this year, like most years, was pretty low key. We had a couple friends over for dinner, apple crisp, and ice cream. Pete’s back to school again tomorrow morning, so it is kind of nice to have this last day of celebration before he hits the books again.
| Eating with our friends, ChrisP and Dan-Ness (those are Pete's nicknames for them, anyway). They are currently wife-less as their other halves are still in Utah for a few more days. |
| blowing out our creative "27" candles |
Happy Birthday Peter! Hope your 27th year is as wonderful as you are!
that's REALLY wonderful...in case you were wondering :)
1 comment:
I love the ice cream candle set up! Dan told me about the apple crisp and I told him he has to branch out from the white cake he always asks for on his birthday :)
Post a Comment