Monday, March 12, 2012

Christmas with the Jensens

Considering the fact that I am still reminiscing about our epic Christmas 2011, March really doesn't seem too late to get my Christmas posts in :)

Being farther away from family than we’ve ever been before, the long Christmas break was a huge blessing. I thought we might get sick of being on vacation for so long, but boy was I wrong! We spent two weeks with each of our families and it was so much fun. My ultimate favorite thing about our time spent with family was just that: the time spent with family. I really feel like I am related to some incredible individuals, and want to do better at keeping in touch with them!

Here’s some highlights from our time with the Jensen clan:

* Nate's cute grin and attention to Emery. Talk about a good uncle! Nate was always sneaking over to hold her and play with her. Emery got excited anytime Nate walked into the room and one evening he had her laughing hysterically by hopping all through the house. Once I finally got her settled down and ready for sleep that night, I had to stay away from Nate because the mere sight of him sent her into giggles. 

* Desert trip. So we spent 2 hours packed into the suburban on “roads” that were meant for ATV’s. But it was fun.

*Grandparents. It was wonderful to see both my Baxter and Jensen grandparents while we were in Nyssa! I wish I would've gotten more pictures of them with Ems.

* Ward Christmas Party. Watching the traditional Nativity performance by the kids in my home ward put me right at home and secured the Christmas spirit in my heart. The primary music, the familiar church building, the cute kiddos…it just really solidified the fact that I was home for Christmas.

* Friends. Got to spend some time with my Whit! Also got a much needed visit in with Kim and some time with other good friends from high school.

*Food. We ate some GOOD stuff. From green smoothies and tofu to outback steakhouse and homemade cookies, I'd say we covered the full spectrum. I wouldn't have it any other way.

*Crafts. My sister Mallory, my mom, and I did some fun crafts together, including sewing cute tote bags which I gave to my niece and sis-in-law for Christmas and forgot to take pictures of (Bahh! They were so cute). Emery joined in on the crafting fun and I can tell that she inherited my mess-making skills.



(Note to self: I can't seem locate more of my Jensen fam Christmas pics right now, so I'm going to put them in later. I just really need to get these Chrsitmas posts up, pics or not)

No comments:

about this site