I am loving being a mom these days and feeling really grateful that I am able to stay at home with Emery full time. I really love how busy and interested she is in the things I'm doing. When I can, I let her "help" with the cleaning and cooking. Sure, it's twice as messy and 3 times slower to get anything done, but in my mind, part of the beauty of being a full time mom is that I can usually make the time to let her be involved in these simple, everyday things. In other news, we recently moved to a cheaper apartment and while it's a bit smaller and older, I am absolutely loving it. Also, a nice lady in the ward recently gave me a sewing machine that I've been playing around with and hope to get some long overdue projects done on.
Pete is really enjoying this semester. He's studying Orthopedics this semester, which is probably the field he wants to end up working in. It's so fun for me to see him really excited about what he's learning. He is really enjoying having lots of lab hours doing hands-on things in addition to lecture (which he's definitely not as fond of). His evenings are filled with basketball, helping out with dinner and Emery, studying, scouts, and somewhere in that conglomeration, me :)
Emery is a giggly, dog-loving, baby-signing, bird-watching, talking and walking 15 month old! She loves singing songs, making messes, going outside, swimming, reading books, and playing with friends. Some of my favorite words she says are: "thank you," "up, please!" (when she wants to be held, which sounds like "uppppahhhh"), "Abby" (Aaaa-booo), "Ryker" which sounds like "yiker", "outside," "water," "yuck," and "elbow." I found this awesome app for my ipad that helps babies learn sign language, and it has been a beautiful thing for us. Emery signs: apple, outside, more, water, book, eat, all done, and bird. I'm loving being able to communicate with her through talking and signing.
At Emery's 15 month doctor appointment, she was 30 inches long and weighed 18 lbs, 13 oz. I am still breastfeeding her as well as offering solids 4-5 times per day (which she usually takes a couple bites of and then proceeds to squish, scoop, and play with what remains...which would explain why she's kinda small. We're gonna work on that). Since she turned a year old, she's been pretty consistent about sleeping 12 hours through the night and takes 1-2 naps per day. She started walking at 14 months and both she and I are loving life with that new milestone :)
Here's a bit of our everyday life:
See the little red bird eating from our homemade pinecone bird feeders? We love the beautiful birds that we hear chirping all the day long. Any time Emery hears them singing, she signs "bird" and runs to the balcony door to find one.
family date/moving break at TCBY. I used to love this place, but recently I'm becoming disenchanted with them because I think their prices are too high.
Breadsticks to celebrate Pete's straight A's last semester :)
This girl is always on the go
Her first popsicle :). To say she was a fan would be an understatement. Whenever I open the freezer door, Emery is at my side saying "popsicle, popsicle!"
1 comment:
I cannot wait to pinch those little cheeks next month! She is SO BIG!
Post a Comment