Thursday, November 8, 2012

October

(This post is from a while back...I'm just working with a very slow computer, so uploading the photos was a bit of a process)


I don't even where to start on this fun, action-packed month! I guess I'll let the photos do most of the talking. Here is what we've been up to this month:


Shoes. Em's is often found walking around in mom or dads shoes. Stylin, eh?


Playing in the leaves. This past week, Emery and I were walking outside to take the garbage out. She stepped on a big pile of leaves in the gutter and looked up at me with wide eyes and wider mouth---like she had been waiting her whole one and a half years of life to discover the crunch of fallen leaves under her foot. It was kind of a magical moment, and made me appreciate this mama job I have. I mean, how often do you get to see someone discover that simple pleasure for the first time? Love it. Since then, we've been doing little get-out-of-the-house excursions to the bottom of the hill in our parking lot, where the leaves are plentiful :)




 Apple Festival. I had a killer cold that kind of wrecked our fun during Pete's fall break this year. However, we did make it up to Ellijay, GA for the Apple Festival! We had a great time. Probably the most memorable thing was an incredible, warm apple fritter with homemade ice cream on top. TO DIE FOR.


Witches Lunch. Emery and I loved going to the annual witches lunch put on by the lovely Lindsay and Lindsey. Emery was so excited to wear her butterfly costume. I had been talking to her about it for days, hoping she would be okay wearing it, and sure enough the first thing she wanted to do in the morning was put it on. Here's Emery's rendition of the party and the events of last week.




Halloween. We had lots of fun at our ward trunk or treat; I love this yearly tradition! Pete's brother, John, was visiting us for a quick day and a half, and we're glad he joined in the fun with us. Pete and John were able to go the BYU vs. Georgia Tech game and have some good brotherly bonding and football time :) We also went trick-or-treating with a group of friends and had so much fun!


This is the face Emery makes if you ask her to "smile" hahaha.

I usually love making homemade costumes for Ems, but last year a friend found this at Old Navy for like $3, and I loved having it on hand, not having to think at all about what Ems was going to be this year!


New Friends! Emery is loving playing with Braelynn, who is a little over 2 years old. Braelynn's family moved into our same apartment building and these two play in the leaves together, play at the park together, hold hands and share their snacks with each other (most of the time), and are just adorable little girls. Ems is always talking about "Brae-yin" and "Wosie" (Rosie, Braelynns mom).


Here in Georgia, fall is Beautiful (yes, with a capital B). The bright colored leaves are constantly taking my breath away and, for the most part, I'm enjoying the cooler temperatures. I'm so excited for the upcoming holidays and to go home for Christmas. Pete is excited to be done with this semester and start full-time clinicals. Lots of changes are on the way for our family in the upcoming year and we're excited for new adventures as well as more of the same :)

2 comments:

Marie said...

I think it shows how busy the guys have been that Pete didn't even make an appearance in this post :)

Jason + Whitni said...

Yay a blog update :) That apple fritter almost caused me to lick my computer screen. Em's is adorable, you're smokin' hot and yes, fall here is BEAUTIFUL!

about this site