Sunday, February 3, 2013

January in Review

Pete has started full-time clinical at Gwinnett Medical Center, a small, acute rehab facility in Duluth. He is really liking his time there, and I am loving all the time he has at home---free of the usual homework and studying. Not only does he share his funny stories (everything from learning the fox trot from a confused, 87 year old lady, to being sworn at by old men), but he always has some kind of coupon, grocery shopping tip, or cool website to tell me about. Apparently he works with all women and they're really into finding deals and such. I'm loving the tricks they pass along via Pete!

In fact, I jumped on the homemade laundry detergent bandwagon that everyone and their dog seems to be on, and I must say I'm quite pleased! This is The Year of the Budget in our little home, so I'm always open to ideas when it comes to saving money.

Emery is still cute and fun and little and, sometimes, exhausting :) It's good to be back in the swing of our weekly routine together---grocery shopping, play group, storytime at the library, exercising with friends or walking to the park, going to the aquarium, etc. I've been thinking how nice it is to have fun, happy times together. I realize that, come June and baby #2, our world will be changing quite a bit, so I'm soaking up my little Emery girl as much as possible (which is a lot...seeing as how she hates nursery and I can count on one hand the amount of babysitters she's happy to stay with).

Highlights of this month: rocking at our grocery budget and planning weekly menus. A fun Flea Market adventure with Lindsay and buying a dresser to refurbish into a TV stand {still waiting to see if that was a smart decision...but the process was fun}! Taking Emery to "Monkey Joe's" and watching her jump and flop and slide! Selling my big black Ikea Expedit Bookcase on Craigslist in 25 minutes. Finger painting with Emery. Going to the zoo as a family. Enjoying a school-stress free husband. Feeling the prevalent acrobatics of baby #2 the time. Video chatting with family.

Lowlights of the month: going to bed too late on way too many nights. Eating way too many sweets (hmm...but I could argue that as a highlight). Not having a place to store the gazillion books that were on the shelf I sold (and having the clutter in my room make me crazy). Starting to feel quite whale-like in size...not a good sign for only being halfway there! Having a crazy dream about my belly and uterus splitting open and not getting to the hospital in time to save the baby. Whew. Having some post-vacation/January blues at the beginning of the month.

And because I'm lazy, lame cell phone pics is all you get.

Pete and a "pet vulture" he met while shooting guns with the scouts in the Deep South. Steph 14 inches lighter (hair)
Pete and a guy's pet vulture whom he met in the Deep South shooting guns with the scouts---Steph 14 inches lighter (hair)
Ems asleep on the plane ride home to GA---Petting sheep at the Atlanta Zoo---Sliding at the playground
Eats bread dough like nobody's business---Playing at Monkey Joe's---Being crazy

 

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Your hair looks so cute! Congrats on your little guy! We're excited for you guys =)

about this site