This Valentines Day marked the start of a yucky cold for me and Emery. That day, I could tell Ems was starting to get a little cold, but didn't think it was too bad. I, myself, was just having a super-tired, nauseous, pregnant type of day. Fast forward to today and you can find both me and Emery laying on the couch, surrounded by enormous piles of Kleenex (just kidding. Kinda. I do occasionally lift my head-throbbing, nose-snotting, sneezing, coughing, 25-week pregnant self off the couch to throw them away). My pediatrician told me that other than giving Ems a half dose of Mucinex, there's nothing over-the-counter that's really "safe" for her to take in combating the common cold. So I guess we're kind of in the same boat, me being pregnant and not being able to take good drugs, and her being too little to take them. At least we have each other! She napped on me today for over 2 hours, while I layed on the couch, watching a movie. Sickness brings out sweet snuggles along with the snot :)
Back to Valentine's Day...it managed to be not a huge failure. We went ahead with our planned "family fondue night" once Pete got home and helped me make it. Yummy, cheesy, garlic-y goodness (recipe
here). I have everything for the chocolate-y, dessert round...but that hasn't quite come to fruition, yet. Luckily, Peter brought me chocolates and flowers the night before Valentines Day and we got to hang out a bit when he got home from scouts, so I feel like we had a little pre-V-day celebration before the tiredness and then colds came on. I sure love that guy! Here's a few photos to document our Valentines Day of 2013.
 |
| So, the fondue pot says "chocolate." I think it might be better suited for chocolate than cheese, but it still worked fine. I found this Williams-Sonoma fondue pot at Goodwill for 5.65 and it looked brand new! Woohoo! Hopefully we get to try it out with chocolate soon! |
 |
| This girl is into her accessories, and apparently thinks the camera case is pretty fashionable. She thought she was so cool after she put it on. |
I gave Emery some bubble bath and little gifts (every girl deserves to be pampered on the day of love), so she enjoyed her first real bubble bath that night. I'd say it was a success, and since then, persuading her to want to take a bath has been much easier :)
3 comments:
Sorry you're sick - that sounds miserable! Hope you feel better really soon! Cute pics of Ems!
I got a really bad cold when I was about 25 weeks along too and it was the worst! I think you are smart to just survive it and let things go for a little while! Ems sure is cute though! I hope you get feeling better soon!!!
Ems is such a spunky happy little girl!
Post a Comment