Once upon a time, me and my brother-in-law, John, became quite adept at "pushing each other's buttons." I'm not sure how it evolved...I guess it just came natural. Then one summer we found ourselves job-less and bored in the same city.
Hence, we bonded.
First we realized that we had some similar qualities, one of those being that we each just tend to think we're right. And sometimes our "right" ideas happen to be opposites.
So...now we have a point system based on who is right (usually according to the authority of google) and can respectfully disagree with one another :)
Here are some of my favorite things about John B:
The first time I met him, Pete had just picked me up for a date and we were at his apartment, standing in the kitchen. All of a sudden, a guy that looks a lot like Pete that I had never met before (John) enters the apartment, exuberantly says "hi Stephanie!" and before I know what's happening, gives me a big hug. To me, this is the perfect example of John's warm personality and his caring nature.

Another thing I love about John is that he's never too busy to gmail chat with my 9 year old little brother, Wyatt. This summer when my family was visiting Provo, John took time from his busy schedule to hang out with Wyatt; The two went to the BYU bookstore, the Provo Bakery, etc. Needless to say, Wyatt pretty much thinks John B is the coolest person on the planet.

I like that John is so adventurous but smart and safe. He took me on lots of hiking trips and helped me get into better shape even though he had to physically push me up the mountain sometimes (Refer to this post). He also showed me an awesome "pondering spot," cooked food with me, and has made awesome pizza on more than one occasion.

When I think of my BYU school years, I will probably remember eating lunch in the Cougareat with Pete and John and sometimes other Hoyt boys, having awesome discussions about life and the things we were learning. Hanging out with John B is like finally having an older brother :)

I like that John is so adventurous but smart and safe. He took me on lots of hiking trips and helped me get into better shape even though he had to physically push me up the mountain sometimes (Refer to this post). He also showed me an awesome "pondering spot," cooked food with me, and has made awesome pizza on more than one occasion.

When I think of my BYU school years, I will probably remember eating lunch in the Cougareat with Pete and John and sometimes other Hoyt boys, having awesome discussions about life and the things we were learning. Hanging out with John B is like finally having an older brother :)

Happy Birthday John!
Hope it's a good one!
Hope it's a good one!

4 comments:
I agree with everything Stephanie said! Happy Birthday again buddy! Hope is was a good one! The best!
Thanks Steph! You're too nice.
What a great post! Definitely my favorite!!!
Post a Comment