Tuesday, February 15, 2011

No-Sew Table Runners

Once Fall turned into Winter and my cute, seasonal table runner was put away until next year, I was missing the added color on my now bare kitchen table. I really wanted another table runner, but alas, I have no sewing machine (and if I did, many more of my crafting adventures would turn into crafting disasters---I'm not a good sewer). Then I found this tutorial on making no-sew table runners: http://www.atypicaltypea.com/2010/12/14/no-sew-table-runner/

No-Sew! Perfect! I used "Stitch Witchery" which I assume is similar to the iron-on adhesive the tutorial used. I caught JoAnns on a great sale, and since these were really easy to make---I made two. 

I would probably be a bit embarrassed to have someone who is a sewer (like my mom) examine these too closely---my "hems" aren't the straightest and attaching the lace was a fun experiment. If you can, use a little bit heavier, non-see-through color of cotton fabric because of the no-sew nature of these. 

All in all, I was really happy with the results! This was an easy way to add some color to my apartment.



This one lays much better on the table because it was a heavier fabric than the yellow one below.


I still like this one too though! Putting one on top of the other makes it look a little nicer :)

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Oh I love these!! I want to learn how! Where did you get your fabric from?

Anonymous said...

steph these are cute! i love the patterns and they look great in the pictures :) i have a sewing machine if you do ever need one ... and i am also NOT a good sewer. ha

Stephanie J. Hoyt said...

Thanks Eliza! I might take you up on that sewing machine offer at some point...

Cait--I got the fabric at JoAnn's.

about this site