Anyway, there's lots of things I want to blog about right now, but for starters, let's just talk about Mother's Day.
We were at the Hoyt home in
Washington for Mother’s Day and I felt kind of silly to be honored along with
my mother-in-law, because I feel like I’m about 1 millionth of the mother that
she is. For as long as I can remember, Pete has always referred to Mother’s Day
as “Golda’s Day” after the nickname he has for his mom. After raising 11
children that all turned out to be incredible people, I don’t doubt that she
deserves her own national holiday. She is such a strong and faithful woman, and
I’m so grateful for the way that she raised my Peter. My Mother’s Day was really special---Pete made
me an incredible breakfast and a little movie with pictures and music. It’s
funny though…what I love even more than the breakfast he made was the way he
announced to me in an excited voice “I’m making you an omelet this morning!”
He’s so good at finding little ways to serve me, and not only on Mother’s Day.
And even more than I love the sweet movie he made me, I love that during finals
week, he took 3 hours away from his studies to make me a 3 minute movie. He’s
so willing to put family first in his life and it’s one of the reasons I love
him. On Mother’s Day evening, Pete suggested we take some family photos with
his beloved Mt. Baker in the background. It’s worse than pulling teeth to get this man to take pictures, so I was
shocked when he not only suggested it but even changed out of his typical
basketball-shorts-and-t-shirt attire for it. All in all, it was a wonderful
day!
I’m so grateful for all the amazing
women in my life---especially my mom and both my grandmas. Thanks for raising
me, for encouraging me, and supporting me from the time I was a spirited 2 year
old that needed a spank (just kidding, kind of…) all the way til now when I’ve
got my own toddler to raise J
3 comments:
The pictures turned out great! I can see why you guys like it there so much. Beautiful landscapes. Glad you had a break from packing :)
I love those top two pictures of you and Em! Gorgeous girls, gorgeous setting- they look awesome! I hope you frame them somewhere!
steph! your baby girl is so big, she's adorable!! we are in oregon now, i saw on your blog you came to visit ... coming back up soon?? although we are on the west side of portland so not near your family i think :) looks like you guys are doing great!!
Post a Comment