Recently, I took some time to stop and smell the roses. Literally :)
Me, Emery, and our fancy shmancy camera headed to the Atlanta Botanical Garden to get a whiff of these beauties:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE how these old-fashioned roses smell.
Their scent reminds me of my grandma, of wet feet on bare sidewalks after swimming at Medical Springs, of the small stream of warm water in the backyard there with soft, squishy green moss.
 |
this ladybug made me think of Ryker! :)
After the garden, we went to Piedmont park to play and feed the ducks at the pond. It was nice to enjoy a not-too-hot day in Atlanta, because I have a feeling those are dwindling. I'm finally feeling pretty comfortable in Atlanta...it only took about 10 months!
|
 |
| notice how lopsided her ponytails are? It kinda drives me nuts, but I also think it's kinda cute :) |
Right now, Pete is on break between semesters, so we are enjoying some family time in Nyssa with the Jensens. Soon, we'll head up to Washington to be with the Hoyts. We're so grateful we could come see our families!
1 comment:
I love that seeing a ladybug made you think of Ryker. He is too funny with bugs these days. Cant wait for ya'll to get back in town. Ryker has been asking for you when we go running and we totally need to hit up the gardens a lot before the heat really hits.
Post a Comment