Pete's family rented a big lodge in Draper for the whole family to gather to and it was amazing! Right up against the mountains, with a gorgeous view and plenty of room for everyone. Pete's entire family was there. We had so much fun cooking, eating, running, swimming, and just plain being together!
On one of the few days we were there, Pete and I left Emery with her aunts for a few hours and went on a little nostalgic date to Provo. We ate Guru's sweet potato fries at the "Y" parking lot, went to BYU, and stopped at my favorite little Allred Orchards produce barn. And I must admit that the peaches I there bought were about 10 times better than any Georgia peach I've ever had! Seriously...I'm hoping that in the near future I'll experience a good Georgia peach, but in the meantime I'm convinced that the peach state isn't quite as peachy as its cracked up to be. Anyone have tips for me about this matter?
Our trip to Utah didn't seem nearly long enough. After 4 or 5 days, our little family of three was flying back home to Atlanta. Too many nights of staying up too late and not getting long enough naps left us all exhausted, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! I loved spending time with both our families and having late night chats with the various Hoyts :) plus, our flight home from Utah, to LA, and finally to Atlanta left us with plenty of family nap time.
| Back home in Atlanta after all our travels :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment