We've been having a great day thus far---we made a quick trip to the grocery store this morning, worked on laundry and dishes, tied up loose ends for a Relief Society party this Thursday that I've been planning, and played with water and scrabble pieces (in between a couple tantrums/meltdowns...let's be realistic here). All the while, singing and dancing along with Pandora. Slow but productive days like these just make me smile and think "life is good."
Speaking of life, it's been super fun and busy the past couple weeks. Plus, there have been a couple big occurrences. Let's see...
Mornings at the park have become a tradition that we do a couple times per week. Lindsay found a great little park that's about 2 miles away from my apartment complex. So, Emery and I run the half mile to Lindsay's place and we continue walking with her (because she's 38 weeks pregnant) to the park. The babies play for a while and then we walk back to Lindsay's place. Emery and I then run the rest of the way home. Pete refers to this as my "walk-a-jog-athon." I'm not really sure where that comes from, but I'm really loving these mornings. It's great to get some exercise and some social time, and so fun for Emery and Ryker and Abby (the little girl Lindsay babysits).
Emery loves when Ryker plays on this little bridge with her. He jumps up and down and she hangs on to the edge, enjoying the ride.
My friend Lindsey and I threw a baby shower for the lovely Lindsay and it was really fun to get to do some crafty stuff along with lots of baking. It was so fun hanging out with Lindsey, planning and crafting together, because we don't spend nearly enough time together now that we don't live in the same apartment complex anymore.
Pete was super helpful in the last minute craziness of putting the shower together and did lots of babysitting Emery this past week.
I love Lindsey's creative ideas, one of which was sticking balloons in the ground with bobby pins to mark the path to the front door.
The lighting was kind of terrible for pictures, but I did the best I could. I loved making this diaper cake, lemon-blueberry cupcakes, and chocolate sugar cookies (which I somehow didn't get a photo of, which is kind of sad. They were onesie shaped with blue frosting and pretty fun to make).
Last weekend included partying it up at another baby shower and then a surprise party. Talk about a super fun weekend! I'm also loving my Friday/Saturday morning run with Whitni. It's yet another tradition that is just making life really awesome lately.
Yesterday I did a little maternity photo shoot with Lindsay and her family. Despite my non-existent camera skills, I think we did get a few cute shots. Probably because this little family is super photogenic and fabulous looking! :)
I can't wait for Ryker to have a little brother! Lindsay has been doing everything she can to get Baby Grayson here soon...such as hopping up and down 12 flights of stairs. She cracks me up!

4 comments:
Great pictures! And to think I thought September would be boring...
I love our mornings together as well. They make for a much happier day at our house. Thanks for being such a good friend!
Emery is such a doll! Reading your blog makes me hope we'll be joining you in Atlanta this spring!
I'm so glad you didn't do your 500 things and updated your blog! You guys did such a great job for Lindsay's shower and your cupcakes were to die for! Seriously, best cupcake I've ever had! Almost tied with dark chocolate pomegranate :) Great pictures, fun park dates, I also love our runs too! You're the best Steph!
Post a Comment