The late afternoon sun shines through my window, catching the prism hanging there and creating rainbows all over my walls, counters, and carpet.
I'm feeling perfectly peaceful and I guess you could say I’m in my element...because I’m making a BIG mess. And loving it.
I bought bright bunches of flowers at Costco and now they’re strewn all over my counter. I’m clipping, mixing, matching, watering, and trying to devise bows out of a mess of raffia that I dug out of my craft bin.
I’m immersed in silence, sunlight, colors, and the smell of flowers. It’s like a little bit of spring inside my apartment despite the gray winter outside.
I laugh inside as I realize the task of creating seven centerpieces for my upcoming Relief Society activity is becoming a needed reprieve, a therapeutic experience. And though this is embarrassing, I surprise myself by thinking, “this is better than chocolate.” (hahaha)
“The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.”
-Dieter F. Uchtdorf
1 comment:
I love those pictures you took! And... I love any evidence of spring!
Post a Comment