The past few days in Provo have been gorgeously warm and sunny!
At least as far as I can tell...from inside my apartment...where I've been camped out on the couch.
Pete and I have been sick the past few days, and let me tell you...being 38/39 weeks pregnant along with a fever + aches + chills + lung-burning cough is not fun. We probably had/have some kind of virus, but Pete was prescribed some antibiotics just in case that would help (seeing as we could have a baby any day now).
I'm now well experienced regarding acceptable cold medications during pregnancy, but I really didn't want to take anything...especially if I had something viral that my body just needed to fight off by itself anyway. I won't lie, it was kind of hard to watch the husband puff his asthma drugs, take antibiotics and ibuprofen, and enjoy all kinds of beautifully decongesting nasal spray while all I could do was contemplate the wimpy Tylenol sitting on the counter.
Finally, after living with my fever all day (more like existing...on the couch...with nothing but Netflix) I took some Tylenol and Robitussin on Friday night so I could hopefully get some sleep. Saturday I woke up fever-free! But then Monday I woke up without a voice, and with the ever-persistent cough that feels like my lungs are being put down the garbage disposal. Ouch. I decided to go to the doctor and there received some lovely antibiotics of my own. Hopefully I'm better soon and little Emery Jane (yep! We decided on a name. Or so we think...) stays put until then!
Hope everyone else enjoyed the sunny weekend!
3 comments:
im so sorry you have been sick! That is the worse. Is there anything I can do? You should have called me!
i am sorry about that horrible cold.... not fun!! yay for the name pick.... i absolutely approve!!! and love it!!
I hope you start feeling all the way better soon! I'm sorry you had to get sick at such a time.
Post a Comment