Saturday, March 5, 2011

The choice would have been too easy...

If we had been accepted to the Physical Therapy Program at our dream school (Pacific University)…
in our dream state (Oregon)…

So of course we're #25 on the alternate list.
(which means that about half of those they accept would have to decline in order for us to have a shot).

I think I’m more depressed about this than Pete is.

Can you blame me?

All week long I’ve been having intoxicating visions of leaving this dry desert and heading for greener ground…


the ocean…


green moss, vibrant colored flowers, and picture perfect summers…



letting my hair go free and curly in the moist environment…

going sans makeup without feeling homely
(because at least I’ll still be shaving my armpits).

Well…maybe I’m exaggerating a bit. Maybe.

It’s clear that we’ll be leaving Utah, but not clear where we’ll be going.

Places we’ve been accepted include:
Omaha, Nebraska (Creighton University)
Atlanta, Georgia (Emory Unviersity)
Winchester, Virginia (Shenandoah University)



To me they all sound like “really far away.”


Places we're on the alternate list include:
SLC (University of Utah)
Missoula, Montana (University of Montana)
Hillsboro, Oregon (Pacific University)

So now we find ourselves in limbo…trying to decide where to put our money down, where to decline, and where to just leave hangin’ while we wait to see if we can go to Oregon or Montana.

Maybe we’ll just roll a dice?

3 comments:

Shane and Zandy said...

I am sorry you are so far down on the alternate list for the Oregon school! I am excited to see where you guys end up going!

Joel and Claire said...

I say Montana! This is very exciting for you guys! Congrats!

Caitlin said...

Im sorry! Maybe Vegas? haha

about this site