| Me and my fellow pregnant friend, Caitlin. |
Well, I'm feeling fairly large these days.
38 weeks tomorrow!
(or 37...depending on what due date you're going by).
My official due date is March 17th, but at my 20 wk ultrasound they told me it was more like March 23rd. My midwives didn't change it though...so I guess it's still considered March 17th.
A couple weeks ago, the midwife was concerned because I was measuring small (33 even though I was 36 weeks along). So I went in for a non-stress test and an amniotic fluid index. Everything went well during the non-stress test and my amniotic fluid index was within normal range. Phew!
In another ultrasound, they found that the baby is measuring fine (34th percentile), but she has the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (nuchal cord). Nuchals happen in about 30% of pregnancies, so it's not a huge deal, but I am going to have weekly non-stress tests until she is born just to make sure her heart rate and everything is fine. They think I might be measuring small because she is pretty far down in my pelvis. Tomorrow is my weekly midwife appointment and they will most likely check my cervix to see if anything is goin' on down there. I've been having tons of Braxton-Hicks and other things that definitely feel like something is happening, so it will be interesting to see if I'm dilated at all :)
Meanwhile, I'm trying to be patient. I feel like the third trimester is finally here. I'm starting to feel a little swollen, really big, more tired than I've been since first trimester, and I think I've mastered the pregnancy waddle. I'm also getting really excited for her to get here!
More updates to come.
1 comment:
So excited for you!!! Keep us bloggers updated and good luck with everything.
Post a Comment