Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sabrina, Stevi, and Stephy Jay

As we dropped Hannah off at the airport, we picked up my friend, Sabrina! 


 Here's our history in a (very small) nutshell: we met freshman year at college. In the lovely and no longer existing Deseret Towers, our dorm rooms were next door to each other. We painted our toenails together, were late to class together, laughed and cried over boys that came and went, and ate ridiculous amounts of BYU vending machine and cafeteria food together. Sophomore year brought more of the same, and this time, the boyfriends became husbands (actually, the thing I remember most about sophomore year is her incessantly trying to force me to marry Peter, based solely on the fact that he once bought her Starbucks hot chocolate. But that's another story). We both got married that summer, exactly a week apart. 

Basically, the point is, inseparable bonds were formed. So the 2.5 years that I hadn't seen Sabrina seemed like a week for all the good chatting and fun times that ensued in this visit. 

The first thing Sabrina and I did once she got here, was drive to South Carolina to see Stephanie (Stevi) and her new baby girl, Paisley. My history with Stevi is nearly identical to me and Sabrina's. Stevi and I met freshman year, were roommates sophomore year, and got married the same summer (we like to refer to summer 2008 as summer of the S's). She's actually the reason for my nickname and hence my blog's address: stephyjay. It got confusing having two Stephanie's in the same apartment. So I went from Stephanie J. to Stephy J., to the less elementary-name-tag-sounding Stephy Jay. And we started calling Stephanie, "Stevi," and now I can't even remember exactly why.


It was so fun for the three of us to be together! The above picture is at a restaurant in Spartanburg where we ate yummy Thai food (and Emery may or may not have stolen that fork without me knowing...) I loved meeting adorable Paisley and think it's great that Stevi lives only 2.5 hours away from us here in Atlanta. 

And since I just realized that this post has not so much been documenting our visit as much as it has been explaining our history, I guess I'll change the title and do another post. Afterall, I didn't even get to the part of our trip involving ants. And cake. And more ants. And more cake...


No comments:

about this site