Friday, July 27, 2012

Visiting Stevi in SC

Sabrina and I stayed overnight in Spartanburg, SC at a hotel so we could hang out more with Stevi and Ty and Paisley the next day. Our night went something like this: Put Emery to sleep in the pack n play in the small-ish bathroom. Wake up to Emery crying at 2 am covered in an entire roll of toilet paper that was apparently within reach of the pack n play. Spend an hour with Emery in my bed, smacking me in the face as she rolls and moves and gets too close to falling off the bed too many times. Put Emery back to sleep in the pack n play. Wake up at 8 am, eat breakfast, and come back to our room to find it crawling with ants. Sure, we had seen a few the night before, and I had picked one off me in the night, but in the morning, they were quite abundant. 


So the hotel gave us our money back (woot!) and we made on our merry way to Stevi's apartment to hang out. However, we quickly learned that the ants had made it to my car. Oh, the horror. I vacuumed the car out in million degree weather and we even went through a car wash, but they wouldn't go away! Luckily, they were the tiny, tiny kind of ants and not the big and scary black or red ones. But still. I had a 2.5 hour drive back to Atlanta to make and had more than a few scary scenarios running through my mind...like crashing while trying to pick ants off me, or ants eating my baby while I drove on unaware. Ughhhh. I just hate ants. Overall, we had a great time with Stevi (see incredibly adorable pics below), and made it home. Our thumbs and fingers were our best friend as we drove, killing ants all along the way.


Emery loved looking at Paisley and saying "baby, baby" while cradling her arms (the sign for baby), but was initially very timid about touching her. However, the first time I held Paisley, Emery crawled right up in my lap and gave her the sweetest hug. Melts my heart!


 I love the small-town feel of where Stevi lives. Big trees, small neighborhoods, and cute farm stores like this one that we went to. Greenville, SC and the surrounding areas are so pretty!


We all agreed that boiled peanuts taste like peas. Weird, right?

Mmmm, this baby's cheeks are to die for...


Emery was a champ on this trip. I didn't even need close to all the things I brought to keep her entertained during all the driving. I also learned that Emery is as passionate about ice cream as I am. I guess I know in the future that if all else fails, feed her ice cream. Seeing how well that mantra applies to myself, it shouldn't be a problem.


Oh, and to follow-up on the ants, we have since removed everything from the car, gotten it detailed and the exterior washed and sprayed with ant killer. Then we bought ant traps which we rotated to being inside and then outside the car for a few days. And finally, almost a week later, I think the ants are gone. Whew.

1 comment:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

SICK!!! I hate ants. But I do love this last picture of Em's!!! Too cute!!!! Oh she is so sweet with that baby. I cant wait to see her with Grayson.

about this site