Tuesday, July 10, 2012

While I Procrastinate

I've just put emery down to sleep for the night, which means im right on time for my daily procrastination of doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen. I seriously don't know why dinner, the biggest mess to my grace my kitchen each day, was designed to happen in the evening, when i'm at my peak tiredness. Anybody else feel similar?

On another note, today was such a fun day with Emery! We went for a nice (read: killer, sweaty, breathless) run at Stone Mountain this morning. It's so nice to go some place different for a run and enjoy less city and more nature. Later, we went to the farmers market to get groceries. Emery will tolerate sitting in the cart as long as I push it close enough for her to grab the fruits/veggies and place (or throw, more like) them in the plastic bags. It's fun to teach her the names of different produce and very entertaining to hear her trying to pronounce things like "kale," "onion", and "apple."

Everyday seems to bring new changes in this little woman and it's so fun to see. Emery and I are so excited to have back to back visits from my niece, Hannah, and good friend from college, Sabrina! The fun starts tomorrow when we pick up Hannah from the airport. Here's Hannah and Emery shortly after Em's was born:

They've both grown up a lot since then. I'm glad Hannah is brave enough to fly by herself all the way from Utah to Atlanta to see us!

Well, it seems my dishes STILL have not cleaned themselves. Bummer. Guess I'll go do them!

 

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I totally feel the same way about doing the dishes at night! The problem is when I don't do them, they are still sitting there in the morning and I still don't want to do them. Sometimes I think that's why cooking dinner takes extra motivation, knowing there'll be dishes to do later. :) It's fun to read the things you're up to - Hannah will have a lot of fun with you guys!

about this site