Monday, October 1, 2012

The Mama Visit

After a week long visit, my mom is heading home tomorrow at the crack of dawn. It's been so fun having her here and me and Emery are going to be super lonely when she leaves! Pete has two long days at school this week (three if you count scouts on Wednesday), so we're going to have to keep ourselves entertained. I'm so grateful that my mom took a break from her busy family and new job to come see us! Hopefully we showed her a good time and she'll come back in the near future. I was incredibly lazy about taking pictures, but I still want to document the fun things we did!

Dekalb Farmers Market trip, Centennial Park, Georgia Aquarium, Stone Mountain, Ghetto Fabulous Fabric Store trip (I have no idea what the actual name of this store is...it's just great and has tons of cheap fabric), Stone Mountain (it was bring a friend free weekend! Perfect!), the Atlanta Zoo, a walk to the park, and shopping (mainly for chocolate) at Atlantic Station.

 

And Oh, The Food We Ate (I could write a book about it...like "Oh, The Places You'll Go," food style)...

We celebrated my mom's birthday while she was here by going to Top Spice, a yummy Thai food place close by, and a delicious cheesecake from Whole Foods. Seriously, their cheesecake is amazing. My mom and Pete made Caramelitas and they turned out waaaaay better than the ones I made a week or so ago (sorry Woods and Partridges who got to share my not so awesome ones!). Seriously addicting. We also tried some sweet, sweet cakeage and pecan tart from Southern Sweets Bakery. We also did lunch at Chick-fil-a...can't beat their reaaaal lemonade and yummy ice cream. Not to be outdone, Mellow Mushroom provided our last supper before my mom departs in the morning.

Needless to say, I'm scared to step on the scale...but it was so worth it :)

Tomorrow is back to life as we know it! Thanks for a fun visit, mom!

And just for fun...here are some pics I pulled off my moms phone from me and Emery's visit to Oregon in August:

Playing at Medical Springs
 
Fun with Aunt Malls
 
 

3 comments:

Marie said...

Very fun! I love how expressive Emery is in your photos, very entertaining. Sounds like a fun visit! It's a bummer she had to spend her last day in all this rain!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

I love it!! I cant wait to take my mom to Stone Mountain with us! It looks like loads of fun. When Ryker saw the picture of Em's at "our" park he got all excited and wanted to go play with her. They are too cute.

Jasmine said...

Yummmmmmm I want some cheesecake now, so thanks for that. :) You look just like your mom! And Emery looks just like you. All beautiful ladies.

about this site