Meet the naked mole rat. Cute, eh? Yah, not really. But apparently they're pretty important in the African ecosystem or something. Anyway, there's an indoor exhibit in the Atlanta Zoo that I somehow have missed all these months we've been going to the zoo. When Brian and Ash were visiting, we went to the zoo and it was freezing! Consequently, we were very excited about ANY indoor (warm) exhibit we could find, including the naked mole rat exhibit.
We went inside and as we stood transfixed by the naked mole rats (I mean, who wouldn't be? haha), I happened to glance over and notice a little tunnel exit near the floor that led out of the building. Sure enough, my own little not-so-naked mole rat had climbed right out and discovered the fun, naked mole rat themed playground right outside the exhibit.
This girl was in heaven, climbing and sliding through all the "tunnels," and I'm glad Brian and Ash snapped some cute photos of her. I have a feeling we'll be making some future zoo trips solely to visit the naked mole rat exhibit.
I just love this little face!
And here we are warming up with hot chocolate after our zoo excursion on the uncharacteristically freeeeezing day. Sorry Houstonians!
No comments:
Post a Comment