On my birthday, I decided to give Pete a present. It was carefully planned, bought, and wrapped. What he opened was (dundundun)...under eye concealer! Confused? A lot? Let me explain...
Flash back a month earlier: We were watching TV together and a commercial advertising under eye concealer came on. The results of using this under eye concealer were so astonishing (aka ridiculously unreal) that I sarcastically said, "Wow! I should get that for the next time we have a baby" (to combat the bags under my eyes from the sleepless nights). Pete joked, "yah, we can share it," and then whatever we were watching came on and the exchange was seemingly forgotten.
But on the morning of my birthday, after Pete had gone to school, the best present I could think of for myself came in the form of a little "+" on a plastic stick that means i'm pregnant! I smiled and laughed and did a little happy skip and dance around the house, while Emery looked at me like I'd gone crazy. Then I thought of that little under eye concealer commercial, and thought it might be a random, funny way to tell Pete that night. It took him a little while to remember it's significance (as well as a second wrapped present that included a box of "sugar babies" candy with June 2013 written in fine print underneath it). Haha.
I'm feeling soooo excited to welcome another little baby into our home. Honestly, I'm even more excited than I was when I was pregnant with Emery. Because now that I have my little Emery girl, I KNOW how incredibly awesome it is. And I just can't wait. I'm sure once the time gets closer, I'll become nervous, and scared at how hard the transition to adding another baby is going to be for our family. In fact, I spent the months of deciding when the time was right feeling just that. But I'm glad that Pete and I reached the decision to have another baby when we did, and that it's working out the way it is, and now that I'm pregnant, I feel nothing but excited. Can't wait to meet our new little Hoyt, due June 12, 2013.
12 comments:
Dear Steph,
I've never read your blog before. I didn't know about it. I love it!
And congratulation to you and Pete! It's so (I don't know how to express that in english..) exciting that Emery'll get a little brother or sister.
I hope you all are well!
Greetings from Switzerland
Love,
Ramona
Congrats on you exciting news!! Emory's going to be the best big sister:)
YAYAYAY! wonderful news! :) Congratulations!
Steph,
Congratulations. I'm so excited for you! :) Ava's birthday is June 13th. Maybe you'll have the baby on her birthday. So far the transition is going well for us but it's only week 1. I love how excited Ava is for her baby sister. It's been an interesting week but overall I don't think it could have gone any better for us.
Congrats! So exciting! I'm sure you'll do great handling two little ones.
Yay I'm so excited for you Stephanie! Having two is so fun! Just get their naps to coincide (eventually) and you are golden! :) can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl! And happy birthday to you! What a great surprise!
Congratulations!!!!! Such a cute way to tell Pete, love it!
Congrats Steph! I am so happy for you! I really wish you lived closer cause we will have newborns again at the same time. When do you find out if its a boy or girl? Congrats again! You are the best mama!!
Congrats on #2!!!!! I'm so excited for you! And so excited to see Emery as a big sister!
Congratulations Steph!!! That is SO exciting! Can't wait to hear what you're having!
Steph I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!
Congrats to you and Pete!! How exciting!! I'm sure you will handle two with no problems :) Whenever you have a baby you just trade in sleep for joy right?? And Happy Birthday! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment