Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Hoyt Highlights

Some of my favorite things about our visit to the Hoyt Home this year...

1) Baking with Sosh (Hailey). Here she is with some brownies she made. I regret that I didn't take a picture of the cupcakes or two kinds of yummy cookies that we baked. We spent almost all of one day baking and I was sooo tired by the end. Who knew baking could be so exhausting? 



2) Mealtimes. Although not all the siblings were home this year, mealtimes were still almost the only time we were all together and not out doing separate activities. I loved the fun, laughter, and just plain loud that all occurred as we gathered together for meals.

I guess I didn't even get the whole household captured in these photos, but you get the idea :)


3) Exercising. I went on a run outside with JB and thought the contrast of our attire was pretty funny: he in T-shirt and shorts, me with beanie, gloves, and ten layers under my flannel PJ's and sweater. Saying that living in the south has made me a wimp when it comes to cold weather would be an understatement. 


4) I tried to organize a super-awesome trip to Seattle to go to the Science Center (one of my many attempts to organize something), and I was happy these fun girls came! We watched a really interesting 3D movie about the migration of butterflies, went inside the butterfly house, and looked at other cool exhibits. During the movie, It was funny to watch Emery (with her 3D glasses on) reaching out to "grab" the butterflies flying around her.



More Naked Mole Rats!!! ;)

In the butterfly house, they had an area full of butterfly cocoons in various stages of developing. So cool!

Em's loved playing in the tots area at the science center
 5) Watching Emery interact with her aunts, uncles, and grandparents. I loved how Emery was instantly comfortable and didn't get instantly shy like she does around new people. Just goes to show that she knows family when she sees them! :)

 Heidi woke up with her in the mornings so Pete and I could sleep in, and everyone was so willing to play with or babysit Emery anytime. I wish I would have taken more photos of her with family members. I hope Em's can keep developing close relationships with them as the years go on!

Heidi and Em's "drawin" on the white board.

No comments:

about this site