Monday, August 26, 2013

August Break---Part 1

Oh how fun to have a husband all day long everyday for a whole week! Pete just had a week-long break, and we filled it chock-full of fun and family memories. I know I won't make the time to do a detailed travel log of our little adventures, so I'll just talk about some of my favorite photos from the week.


One day, we headed up to North Georgia to visit the Babyland General Hospital (the place where Cabbage Patch Kids dolls are "born"). Basically, it was a beautiful, Southern-Style mansion filled with dolls. Or, in other words, an Emery paradise. And it's free!


Emery went wild in the "nursery" where all the new babies were kept.


And I'll admit, I was nearly as excited as Emery about this place. I had an awesome Cabbage Patch doll growing up with amazingly thick, form-able hair---not the yarn stuff. I learned to braid and french braid on this doll, and it's very near and dear to my heart (though I wonder whatever happened to it...Mom?)


Here's Emery with a stroller she found in the store and latched onto like it was her new best friend. She's standing in front of the Cabbage Patch, where the dolls are "born" through the cabbage heads. Hmm...baby heads popping out of cabbages...cute or creepy? You decide. I thought it was magical! Ems got to hold a newborn doll after watching the doctor "deliver" it and do its newborn check-up. All the workers are dressed in old-fashioned nurse outfits and the whole place is just cute and charming. 


...And filled with all kinds of kids toys, Cabbage Patch and otherwise. Emery cooked some chicken and waffles for us.


Here's Cam with a very Cam-like expression.


After Babyland, we headed a bit further north to Helen, GA. Helen is a small town up in the mountains made to look like a German village. It's a quaint little place, but all we really did there was eat ice cream, play at a park, and walk around enjoying the scenery.




Before heading home, we played in the Chattahoochee river a little bit. We saw lots of people tubing down the river and it looked like lots of fun! 


Ems loves the water as much as her daddy. It seems we can't go anywhere near a body of water without both of them wanting to jump in. Those two are kindred spirits in many ways :)
After the river, she walked back to the car pants-less and barefoot and couldn't have been happier.

We headed home and spent one day recovering and getting ready for our weekend adventure: Chattanooga, Tennessee!

2 comments:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

yay I am so happy ya'll got to go up there. It is a fun little adventure. Cam is getting so big and cute. Cant wait to see him next week!!!

Sab said...

I am pretty much obsessed with your children. SO cute!!!!! Also, so glad you have some time to play! Only one more year till no more school, right?

about this site