As wife to a football loving husband, I'm learning that a big theme of Fall is FOOTBALL. Watching it, playing it, talking about it, etc. I'm glad Pete has friends that play with him and entertain his obsession, because I just really can't help him in this area. I feel bad, I really do. I just can't get into it. I grew up in more of a basketball, cross-country, track and field sort of family. Until I get my hands on The Wife's Guide to a Football Loving Husband (if only such a book existed!), I'll continue to bake treats and food for football parties and show my support in other ways. When asked if I like football, I think I'll go with Emery's response to that same question: "No. But maybe someday I will!"
| Pete's 2013 intramural flag football team and the other DPT team |
As a side note, Pete recently found some really cheap football cleats to replace his old ones and picked up a pair for his friend, Jason, too. Since I'm trying to be supportive of the football obsession, I said enthusiastically, "Wow, this is awesome. You guys are going to tear it up at the Turkey Bowl this year in your matching cleats!"
Then we both laughed.
(not because we doubt that they will tear it up...just because that phrase sounds a little funny coming out of my mouth).
![]() |
| Playing with guys from the ward on a very wet day |
| At the ward Trunk or Treat |

No comments:
Post a Comment