Friday, November 1, 2013

Witches Lunch 2013

Halloween is coming up soon, so grab your hat and hop on your broom! 
What's your witch style? Glamorous, Spooky, Creative, Classic? 
Come in your finest witch wear and maybe you'll win a prize! 
We'll have food and fun for all. Feel free to bring your kiddies in their Halloween costumes, and sign-up to bring a dish to share!



My good friend, Lindsay, recently moved to Alabama after her hubby graduated PT school, and while I'm excited that she and her family are moving into the next stage of life, Atlanta just isn't the same without her! Part of the void left in my life with her gone (yes, the drama of that phrase is merited) included the annual Witches Lunch that she hosted each year in October. It's been so fun the past couple years to join my friends in their witch costumes for food and fun, also allowing our kids to get some more use out of their Halloween costumes. While I'm no party planner, I just couldn't stand the thought of there not being a Witches Lunch this year, so I asked my friends Erika and Kaitlin to help me plan one. Lindsey Partridge graciously allowed us to use her house (because we all have too-small apartments) and I think it was a success! Though, I must be honest, I much rather prefer to just GO to parties, rather than deal with the stress of PLANNING them.

I created a junior witch costume for Emery, re-used my witch stuff from the past two years, and Cameron went as a football. I was grateful that I didn't have to spend a dime on any of these costumes! Wait, that's a lie...the junior witch's "pet spider" was fifty cents. The rest were made using hand-me downs, craft supplies I already had, or were gifts.


And that photo in the bottom left corner is me pretending to run with my "football." Let's be honest, I'd look just as awkward were I not in a witch costume and were I actually holding a real football.


The witch winners for Most Spooky, Most Glamorous, Most Creative, and Most Classic:




Mainly we just chatted and ate tasty Halloween food, but we did get some entertainment watching the kiddos try eat donuts with no hands. Due to the large amount of infants, we had a nursing room and a sleeping room where anywhere from 1-3 babies were napping at any given time. Makes me smile :)




And here's my witch-in-training at the end of the party. Looking as pooped as me, sitting on the couch, drinking water. She was a trooper with all my busy-ness and preparations for this party.

1 comment:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Awww I love it. It looks like so much fun! I miss you that much also... especially after seeing these pictures and all of the trick or treating pictures. I miss running with you. I miss chatting with you. I miss going on adventure with you. I really ate this growing up part of life. Loves. Oh and I totally knew what you were doing in the "foot ball" photo before I even read it. SO you can tell :) Em's looks super cute as a mini Witch also!

about this site