Dear Emery,
Happy 5 months! I'm amazed at how much you change in just a month's time. These days, you love playing with toys and you make sure I know it if I take one away before you're done with it. You also love paper and plastic...and it's probably not a good thing...but if I let you crinkle a piece of paper in your hands (closely supervised to prevent it going into your mouth) you are the happiest, most excited little girl on the planet. The soft, stuffed bunnies that Grandma Hoyt got for you and the bright pink poodle that Grandma Dana/Jensen (not sure what we're calling her yet...) got for you seem to be some of your favorites. Up until now, you haven't shown much interest in books, but these days you seem to love looking at the pages and helping me turn them.
Guess what else? Your sleeping and eating seem to be improving greatly. For the past week, you've slept around 11 hours at night, only waking up once around 3 am. I hope you keep it up and getting better and better! Also, you are nursing better than you ever have before. Life seems to be looking up around here these days :)
In the past month, you got your first haircut (just a little trim from me...it was time for the natural mohawk to be tamed), tried a few solids and so far only like squash, have been giggling and smiling lots, and love being in the center of whatever's going on (cooking, cleaning, crafting). I'm starting to think you're growing up too quick! My favorite part of each day is coming to get you out of your crib when you wake up---you smile and flap your arms around, looking at me like I'm the coolest thing since sliced bread. It's so cute!
Love,
Mom
3 comments:
That little dress is adorable! And I'm so glad she's eating and sleeping better! That's fabulous!
Okay that little Tea dress is the cutest thing ever! Other than little emery herself! she is such a cutie! So glad eveythibg is going well! I agree that the morning is the best time of day when they are so excited to see you!
I'm obsessed with the dress.. .and YOUR BABY. Seriously I want to come and snuggle the stuffing out of her!
Post a Comment