Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First Semester Break

Here's to Pete finishing his first semester of Physical Therapy School...
and passing with flying colors!!

I set out a few fun things for Pete to come home to after his last final: the rest of the Hunger Games books, cupcakes, popcorn, pool toys, and candy (okay, so the pool toys were mostly for Emery, but they looked good with the rest of the stuff).


We had a wonderful 4-day break from school in which we shopped, swam, read books, explored the area, exercised together, etc. We had a mega-list of things we wanted to do and realized that we wouldn't be able to do all of them. Ultimately, we wanted to have a good balance of relaxation and adventure and I think we succeeded for the most part. What I enjoyed most was simply just having Pete around---especially for the normal, boring stuff like grocery shopping, cooking, etc. It was just nice to spend time together without having his never-ending homework hanging over our heads. 

During Pete's break, I also had a R.S. Meeting (I'm Enrichment Leader/Relief Society Meeting Coordinator! Fun stuff.) to prepare food and decorations for. It took a good chunk of time but was really fun. In my last ward I had the same calling and was in charge of coming up with ideas for the activities, planning and conducting them, etc. I felt like with this activity I got to do all the fun stuff while Marie took care of everything else :)

I wish I would've gotten a few pictures!

This week, we got back to real life as Pete started a new semester. I'm excited to hear what kinds of new things he will be learning about. I'm surprised with how much overlap there is between the things I learned in nursing school and the things Pete is learning in PT school---especially about anatomy, patient care, and various illnesses. It makes for some very interesting dinner conversations :)

I love this picture of Emery because it captures the funny little "old man" face
she makes lately...pursing her lips out and showing off her ever-getting-chubbier little cheeks.

I love the people in this picture. A lot.
 :)

3 comments:

Marie said...

I like the idea of setting things out. I may have to try that next time. I'm excited to have Labor Day, that break ended way too soon.

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Yeah for making it through the first semester!!! It goes by so fast. And breaks are always the best.

Lori said...

yay! i'm glad you commented on lindsay's blog so i could find it!

about this site