Saturday, August 13, 2011

Rolled Paper Flower Wreaths


The husband has finals next week, which means this week has been a pretty hefty study week. Luckily, my friend Lindsey found these awesome rolled paper flower wreaths to keep me busy making while Pete studies. She even took me and Emery to Hobby Lobby (a 25-ish minute trip one way) to get sweet paper for it! We started making them together at her apt (conveniently about a 2 minute walk up the road) a couple days ago and today I finally finished mine.

It turned out a little crazy with all the different patterns and different sizes. I don't think I ever quite mastered the leaf making. But, nonetheless, I LOVE IT. Soooo pretty. And guess what? It was cheap! Lindsey procured some foam tubes from Home Depot for $1 and we duct taped them into a circle form instead of buying a real wreath form. And my paper cost just a few dollars. The only other supplies included some hot glue for the flowers and fabric scraps to cover the tubing!


Right now Pete is lookin' at my mess with a worried face, saying "uhhh...there's a lotta glitter over here." 

Hahaha.

Guess I should go clean up my mess...

3 comments:

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Steph that is adorable! Oh my heck I love it! I'm wishing I had a craft store nearby to go get supplies and make one of those!

Clancy and Katie Black said...

So cute! I think I might need to make one :)

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

i love it.

about this site