Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Pictures

Finals week is allllmost over. Pete's last final is Monday and then we get the rest of the week to just all play together. We have a big list of plans. Last week was pretty good for a finals week. Emery and I entertained ourselves pretty well while Pete studied. A few of our week's events included:

-A little shopping with Emery. I found some cute PJ's and outfit for her.

-Having our friend Dan Neff over for dinner while his wifey was away in Utah. We had him over on Sunday and dinner was, well, an epic failure. A delicious dish I've made several times just didn't quite turn out right. Dan was brave enough to come to dinner on Wednesday as well, and I think the meal turned out a bit better 

-Making cupcakes! Not a big deal...but I had been craving them for two days and the finished product just really hit the spot. I've been wanting to do more baking but it's seemed kind of overwhelming with a baby (I'm usually lucky to get dinner made). This was the first time I had made cupcakes since Emery was born--I like to think of it as a "mommy milestone"--so hopefully that means bigger and better things are ahead!

-Speaking of mommy milestones, Pete and I went on a date this weekend---without Emery! The Ford family graciously offered to watch her. Though I felt bad adding to their clan of 4 kids, they said Emery did awesome the whole time and we could leave her with them anytime. Hopefully they let us return the favor in the future, we love their 3 boys and little baby girl that is Emery's age. We had a hard time leaving Emery, but I think it was good for us.

-Finishing reading aloud "The Hunger Games." Ready for book 2 just in time for Pete's week off!

-Got ready for church early enough to make it there on time and even snap a few pics beforehand. The morning light was beautiful and the forest-y area right by our apartment was so lush and green looking. Georgia is starting to grow on me I think...if I could somehow get past the bugs, the process would be much speedier :) 










Happy Sunday!


1 comment:

Marie said...

I think you'll be surprised how much you miss GA when you're away for Christmas. I didn't expect to be this attached already, but I am! Yay for a date night! Dan & I would be happy to take her for a night now that her routine is such that you can sneak away. We'll be stuck at home for a while :)

about this site