I can't believe you are 6 months old! Half a year?! Where has the time gone? Your dad wants to freeze you at this age, to make you stay little for longer. We love your sweet smiles, giggles, and curious eyes and hands. You love playing with toys, being held, and watching the everyday activities of life such as doing dishes and vacuuming. You have the cutest, out-of-control giggles when watching popcorn pop and balls bouncing (like when your dad and I play tennis). You want to be right in the middle of whatever is happening and your favorite toys are basically anything that is not a toy...mesauring cups, plastic baby spoons, dad's watch, etc. You definitely are keeping me on my toes these days! It's so fun to see your fascination with everyday things and reminds me to be aware of the small and simple things that make life beautiful. I am getting excited about all the wonderful things in life that I will get to introduce you to someday...like chocolate. And fingerpaints. And mud. :)
Recently, we have been going on walks and learning about leaves (well, mostly just seeing them and grabbing them). We've been blowing bubbles and watching them pop, having fun at the Atlanta Children's Museum, and feeling all kinds of new textures like bread dough, grass, etc.
At 6 months, you are 24.5 inches long, 15 lbs 5 oz, and your head circumference is 16.5 in.
You've been chubbing up a little bit these days and I love it. Your dad has quite the array of nicknames for you. Sometimes he simply calls you "little." "Hey there, little!" He'll say. That turned into "little lady" and then just "lady." More often, he refers to you as "the smallsee." I remind him that he should probably call you by your real name, but to no avail. You may be 5 years old before you know your name is Emery, but at least you have a dad that loves you lots!
We're doing lots of tummy time these days, and though you're working on getting your knees under you, it'll take quite a bit more work I think. You never did get the rolling thing down and I'm pretty convinced you just don't care to. Oh well. The other day I was telling your dad how great it is that you haven't been sick yet with any colds, flu, etc. so naturally, a few days later, you and I both landed sore throats and nasty coughs. At least we get to be sick together! I think we're slowly getting better each day and you continue to smile even as you're hacking up a lung. Keep being cute! I love you so much.
Love,
Mom
P.S. Here's some little moments from your life these days:
![]() |
| This is you, discovering grass for the first time... |
![]() |
| ...and this is what you thought about it. Dry and Scratchy. |
![]() |
| Uh-oh! Dad caught us watching a show on the laptop :} You're deeply fascinated by TV's...good thing we don't really have one. |
![]() |
| This is your baby bouncer, only, you haven't really figured out the whole "bouncing" thing yet. Nevertheless, you think it's pretty cool to move yourself around in circles. |





No comments:
Post a Comment