What kind of awesome mom procures 4 free tickets to a musical and sends them to her daughter?
Mine :)
In an online forum, my mom discovered that someone in Utah had won tickets to "Motherhood the Musical," and obviously couldn't go because the production was in Georgia, so they were trying to get them to someone who could use them. My mom thought of me and arranged for them to be sent here to me in Atlanta.
Due to the nature of the musical and the fact that Pete had scouts on the night of the play, I decided to make it a girls night. I invited a few friends that I thought might enjoy it, left a sleeping Emery home with my super-wonderful home teacher and his (equally wonderful) wife, and set off for the 14th St. Playhouse in Atlanta. We didn't take any pictures, so you'll just have to use your imagination.
I really enjoyed the musical, and I laughed just about the entire time. Did I mention that yesterday, the day of the play, was also my mom's birthday? It seems like just yesterday that I was typing her last year's b-day post. Ironically, while I was out having a great time celebrating motherhood on my mom's birthday (thanks to her), she was chaperoning my 5th grade brother's overnight fieldtrip. Oh, the life of a mom.
We may just have to do a joint celebration together since my birthday is conveniently a week after hers. And...even more conveniently, she'll be visiting me here in Atlanta next week (insert wild whooping here!).
Happy Birthday Mom, and thanks for the tickets!
Can't wait for you to get here :)

2 comments:
thanks for inviting me it was a
BLAST!!!!
So glad you had fun! I got 100 5th graders singing happy birthday to me--and some interesting cupcakes...dad will have to tell you that story :) Can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment